Wednesday, July 29, 2015

FIRST IMPRESSIONS: ZOEVA ROSE GOLDEN VOL. 2 BRUSH SET



A girl can't have too many brushes and so, seduced with it's elegant facade-rose golden color, I decided to purchase the ZOEVA ROSE GOLDEN VOL. 2 LUXURY SET. Highly priced, that's given, I had second thoughts of whether I should get this or the SIGMA one (which was currently on sale) but I'm so glad I chose this one...it's beautiful! (say hello to my reflection there..hihi)



Can we just appreciate this clutch for a second. It's big enough for the brushes to fit, you can even add more, and also stuff it with your daily makeup products; It's just the right size to fit inside your bag as well, unless you use tiny bags then that's a different story. It has lining inside though it doesn't live up to it's outer appearance but that's no big-a-deal and the disappointing part is actually not having a single pocket inside...it's just me, I love pockets! lol
  

Here's the brand name..(this is not the logo right? dumb days..lol) and the material is a fake leather..haha I'm just assuming here. One thing I'm sure, it's not plastic. 


Has a great quality zipper as well. Have you experienced opening a clutch or pouch or bag and the zipper was too thin and you can be sure it will easily break? This is not one of those and look how cute that zipper head!


Okay moving on to what's important, the content. You get 8 gorgeous brushes numbered and named. Everything is listed at the back of it's transparent box as well as the distributor and what this German brand believes in.

TAADAA!!! here comes the brushes...all in golden rose...haha tightly packed.

Each came with its own brush guard..definitely a love at first sight! Just looking at them together, all clean and new...sweet!


104-  THE BUFFER BRUSH...I would say this is my least favorite..and I was looking forward to use this.


And here is why...it may look packed and dense but actually it's flimsy. Hard to use with blending creams and thick foundation but great with light weights and powders...I'm not a fan of powders, I have really dry skin. Again, not my fave but works just fine...still a must!


109- THE LUXE FACE PAINT BRUSH...from the look of it it's definitely a contour brush..have tried it and this just became part of my top brush faves. hihi


So excited to use this more! Look at that..the perfect powder contour brush. It's too loose to blend creams but pretty sure will do great with liquids as well.


Thin enough to create a sharp contour yet can definitely blend easily. It's perfect to create that instant nose job. Unfortunately it shed a little (I mean, a piece or two) fell off when I spot clean it. The idea of giving it a thorough bath scares me a bit.


126-  THE LUXE CHEEK FINISH BRUSH... This is my top pick, my number 1! It does the job perfectly, blended my powder blushes seamlessly and picked the right amount  of product. I just love every inch of this brush!


I don't know how to exactly describe it, it's somehow dense but soft enough to blend anything it touches perfectly. haha (exaggerated!)


There's just something about it, not sure what though. Must be in the shape? Nevertheless, this brush is a 5 star in my book. I used one side to apply my blush and on the other my highlighter.


234- THE LUXE SMOKEY SHADER BRUSH... Nothing extraordinary, frankly speaking. It picks up a good amount of product and applies the product onto the lids easily.


It can also be used to blend the eyelid color (upwards, like I did  when I tried this brush).


It's perfect for those with smaller eyes or those who doesn't have much lid space 'coz it's small enough to fit those. A little scratchy when I used it but maybe it's just because it's new. I'll update you on that.


228-  THE LUXE CREASE BRUSH... Perfectly fits the crease (it fitted mine). The brush is very soft and blends the crease color smoothly.


It's tapered tip made it easier to apply a more precise crease color and then it can also blend it nicely. It didn't blow up my eyeshadow up to my brow bone which usually happen to me when I use other blending brushes. (Others are just simply too big to fit my limited "eye space". lol)


I like how sharp looking yet fluffy it is. hehe (sorry for the lack of words to describe it.)


226-  THE SMUDGER BRUSH... Again, nothing out of the ordinary. It does it job and that is a good enough reason to like  this especially if you don't own one already, In my case, I have one or two that look and function the same as this one so I'm not too excited. hehe


It's dense, short and fits my small eyes, I have no complaints. (Sorry for the lack of enthusiasm. lol)


So...yeah..hahaha This is essential in the kit though. =P


322- THE BROW LINE BRUSH... Surprisingly, it's really soft. The first time a saw this I thought it's gonna scratch my brows cause this dude looks tough but no it's not. You ca never really judge a brush until you use it. haha


It looks the same as any other eyebrow brushes that all of us possibly have but this is not as stiff and hard as those. Having said so, I doubted it's gonna perform well cause it's not what I'm used to but it actually did a better job. Kind'a hard to explain,..it packed the product evenly on my brows and blended it evenly as well not leaving any bald spot.


Come to think of it, this can also be a good smudger brush, the gentler version. hehe


317- THE WING LINER BRUSH... This is definitely my TOP 1 eye brush of all my collection. I don't think I have any with the right amount of angle and thinness as this one. The first time I used it, I used a powder eyeshadow  so I really did not appreciate the greatness of this fella over here but when I used it with a gel liner... BAM! Automatically became a fave.

l
I don't know if you can see how pointed the tip of this brush is and how thin it actually is but I believe those are the factors that made this brush special, atleast for me. It made me look and feel like a pro in applying cat eye lines (?). Everything is crisp, precise and even and it was so easy! I'm just thankful that I decided to get this set. 


 This is what I got as a freebie...I know..NICE!


Contains 6 shadows great for both morning and night looks, small and compact enough to fit inside that ZOEVA clutch.

WHERE: I got this from an online shop, IG Seller @makeuphaul_ph

HOW MUCH: Take note, it was on sale when I got it for P3,900 I believe, but I paid a total of P4,000 shipping fee included. I don't remember the original price...sorry! hehe

NOTE: It was a limited stock so I'm not sure if it's still available onhand but you can just ask the owner if there's a possibility of pre- ordering just in case it's actually out of stock.

The shipping took about a day or two, so I can say it's pretty fast and the seller is very accommodating and patient. haha I wasn't able to deposit the payment right away 'coz I've been really busy therefore a week (maybe 2) has passed since I ordered it that I get to fully paid for the brush set. haha

THE VERDICT: Over all it's a 5/5 for the ZOEVA ROSE GOLDEN VOL. 2 LUXURY SET. From the packaging, color, design up to the actual brushes not to mention the quality is just luxurious. The name isn't lying, it really is a luxury set. The price is my only concern but the quality already answered the "why so expensive?" question. The perfect set to bring when you're travelling and the clutch is such a convenient makeup pouch. By the way,these brushes are made from synthetic taklon hair.

If you have any questions, corrections and violent reactions just leave your comments below and let's talk about it huh?! hihi

Hope you Enjoyed this post and Keep Smiling!

0 comments:

Post a Comment