Tuesday, March 11, 2014

My Hairvolution Part 3: A BURGUNDY ENDING!

At last, the long wait is over. We are down to the third and final part of "My Hairvolution" for 2013. Sorry it took me a while to post this..No Excuses. (but actually I lost almost all my photos with me and my burgundy hair..how? My laptop crashed and haven't had it fixed just yet...me and my poor time management)

Remember my orange hair?
My orange head...and long hair.
Orange, no more. I got my hair a darker shade of BURGUNDY using my recent favorite hair bubble color, MISE 'EN SCENE.




Let me show you around... the box...

In here (photo above), you can see the instructions on how to mix the dye, magic oil and solution in order to get this foam result. Also, illustrated how you actually use the product. My favorite part is this "before and after" look of your hair after using the product. It suggests what outcome you are to expect depending on your current hair color so no need to be upset when the color of the cover photo of the box didn't turn out to be the hue you wanted.

This one is the back photo, I guess. lol.
...and the other side..not much info I can tell.
Anyways, before going to the pro's and con's I'd just like to add that inside the box includes a plastic cape, gloves,the manual, a sachet of hair treatment/conditioner, the pump and of course the essentials, solution in the bottle, a sachet of the dye and the "magic oil".

Okay, for the PRO'S:

  • Very easy to use. I do it myself while watching YT. It's like shampooing in front of your computer. Of course you'll need a mirror (from time to time) and some cotton pads, the latter is optional. Your hands are the best tools to use for the whole process. If you have longer hair I suggest you section your hair first if you want that very even color finish.
             TIPs: Put more product on the darker areas of your hair, if you have grown your colored 
                      hair already and the roots became darker. 
                      To get the best color pay off, If you can, finish the whole bottle to yourself. The more 
                      you foam your locks the better the result. I did it more than twice so I should know.
  • Color paid off. So far, it has not disappoint me when it comes to the actual color. It stayed true to what's illustrated in the box. What you see is what you'll really get.
  • The color lasts a long time. It took me 4 months before I decided to change my hair color and not for the reason of my hair fading it's hue; I just got excited to try something new, again. If I have to assume/say, 6 months tops before you can actually see any changes from what your hair color used to look like. NOTE: The first day will still be the most vivid your hair color will be. Within the next 2-3 days changes will happen a bit 'cause you'll get to shampoo your hair instead of just the hair treatment.
  • It's not drying. Unlike the urban legend of frying your hair when you have it dyed, just doesn't apply to Mise 'en' Scene hello bubble foam color. I can't tell much whether it's the oil or the hair treatment that gives my hair some moisture but all the same, the result is an amazing glossy-lively hair.
  • The price is just right. It's only P500, a lot cheaper than getting it done in a salon. With the quality, it's from Korea by the way, and the convenience it's a good buy for me. I know there are other cheaper brands with the same "bubble/foam" principle but this one exceeded my expectation.  
  • Sting-free. No burning of scalp here, that's for sure. It might get a bit itchy when you have it on for an hour or so.(wink) No pungent smell as well so it's a big plus for me. I used a brand before where breathing is a struggle. The chemicals were so strong it felt like it's actually killing my lungs. (...or something like that. lol)
Here are some photos of the actual result after a day of dying my hair.

Both were taken indoors...inside our cave, I mean house, where natural light is almost impassible.
It looks dry...

but it really is not...

Hello outdoors...in natural light.
Notice how my roots are actually darker than the rest of my hair?  Go back to my tips.
Now for the CON'S...
  • It's not available locally. It is available online though. And yes, you have to pay for the shipping fee. 
  • It's best as a one time use. I never tried  setting aside what's left and use it again after mixing for some time. It's a lot of product so I just shared it with anyone who wants to use it as well. Four (4) of us shared the solution and we get the color done..though I had most of the foam..dapat lang! lol
  • May not be for grey hair. My mom used this for her super white hair, just what's left in my bottle, and it did not cover much. Her hair turned dirty white at least...lol! But when my aunt use this for hers, it turned out great. Her old aged hairs were no more and her locks were shining. maybe it really does depend on your hair's personality...stubborn hair?
Here's my aunt.
There you have it,  my experience, impression, opinion on this foam hair color. If you think I missed out any info or if you have any concerns about this product just leave a comment below and I'll attend to it as soon as I can.

If you haven't yet, check out my "My Hairvolution Part 2: Orange Head!"

I hope I didn't bore you in any way. May this post be of any "enlightenment" to you and was useful in some manner. Thank you for reading and keep smiling!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I have been looking for korean hair color bubble, natry ko ung etude maganda naman pero Medyo pricey. I saw your blog in korean cosmetic review in fb. I'm already following you. If you don't mind, please follow my blog too. Thank you!

    http://mssimplypretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you! You're blogging for years, amazing, I can't even make a constant monthly post. hehe I'm following you now as well. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, nice review :) Anyway regarding this product, i made a subtitle on it's CF, although the packing is a lil different with other celebrities on it. I hope this makes your review better :)

    MISE EN SCENE Hello Bubble SUBBED CF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'm so sorry for the late reply...i had this post a long time ago...well, thanks a bunch! i really appreciate it. =)

      Delete