Tuesday, June 17, 2014

First Impression/ Review: SKINFOOD-Queen's Baking Line! Vita Contouring Pact


Using the products
Skinfood is one of the most pioneering , if not, the very first Korean brand to enter the country,(Philippines). Do correct me if I'm wrong, I know there's The Face Shop as well.
Having said that, Skinfood is also the very first Korean brand that I have ever tried. My first BB cream was their Aloe one and my first whole skincare line that cost my mom almost 11k-shing-k-shing, I forgot which fruit or vegetable that line was from..lol

I have a love-hate relationship with their products but I end up still buying them cause they smell so yummy and the packing is a killer cutie!

Right now I have three (3) items from their latest line called "Queen's baking". It's the first that Iv'e heard of it so it must be new, right?! (probably not the latest though..) I got the Vita Contour Pact, Vita Contour Finish/Blush Pact and the Choco Smokey Dual brow stick in #2.

I'm shutting up now and let the pictures do the talking. WARNING: These photos talk a lot. You might get bored...or not. hehe Three products, sure there will be tons of photos that's why I've decided to make it into another TRILOGY-ish..hehe







These 2 pictures above were taken from the net (just borrowing) and there's not much information I can get about this particular product or this particular line. All I know is the Queen's Baking Line came out last year (2013) which ranges from base makeup, eyebrow sticks, eye shadow palette, mascara, highlighter stick, lip products, down to nail polishes and even nail stickers.I don't have all of them but I got myself the Vita Contouring Pact which I can assure you that it looks elegant, smells yummy and that it comes in 2 shades, (#1 and #2), mine is in number 2. (Sorry if it's not much info for you guys especially with those particular with ingredients and all.)

Vita Contouring Pact: Front
Vita Contouring Pact: Back
Opened for the first time.
Cute pink spongie...please ignore the old school t.v..ahihi
I love that it has another lid (cover) that separates the sponge and the actual product.
A closer look on the actual product. This has a yellow undertone. (Correct me if i'm color blind or something.;P)
Just dipped my fingers in for the swatch..(Pinky to middle finger: Overall foundation color [that's what I call it], Highlighter, Contour/darker shade)
Swatched at the back of my hand. Can you tell which is which? hehe

I do have some good and bad opinions about this, as usual. I'll just go with the common PROS and CONS to discuss further.

PROs:

  •  Smells sooo yummy! (it's a good thing if you're into sweet smelling scent for your face makeup)
  • Really very creamy
  • Compact and easy to travel with
  • Adorable packaging (as expected from Skinfood)
  • Lightweight
  • Leaves a light dewy finish
  • Evens out skintone

CONs:
  • Not very pigmented.. (and the highlighter is quite intimidating being too white, you won't even notice the contour) having said so, there's a sheer to very light coverage too. You can't hide anything with this.
  • Pricey (forgot the actual price, ranges from P1,000-P1,500 if I'm not mistaken.)
  • Availability wise, not really sure cause I haven't visited any physical store lately but I purchased mine online. I don't see this product anymore so I'm not sure if there's any here in the Philippines.
  • It's hard to take any product from it's small container especially those in the smaller "compartments"? I mean, you can use the sponge or smaller brush to get some but I prefer bigger brushes to cover up my face.
  • Almost matte after a few minutes which showed my dry patches
  • May appear too white or light to most of my fellow Filipinas.
  • There's not much color selection.


Promise, no edits whatsoever! I didn't even put my watermark here..hehe That tiny zit is a bit visible but the redness is definitely diminished. (Taken outdoor)
Airbrushed? Note even! Feeling flawless lang...haha (Taken indoor)
Have you tried this product as well? Let me know what you think and your experience with it. if you have any suggestions on how I can use it's full worth then please comment in the comment section, I'd love to hear them...

Hope you Enjoyed and Keep Smiling!

Posted via Blogaway

0 comments:

Post a Comment