Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I get bored easily with the things I do, foods I eat and how I look so I try to change them up every once in a while. My hair had the most transformation of them all..

I've decided to make a blog post of how my hair went from blonde to orange and now to red wine burgundy..also from uber long to now cutsie mid length layered do.

Along with the evolution of my hair are the products I used to color and care for my locks..also a very short review of them.

It started, my obsession of hair transformation, early this year of 2013. My hair was long and I really can't remember well what color I used back the end of 2012 but I'm pretty sure I used SKINFOOD Hair Bubble. See pictures below. 

Sorry for the off shot. t'was night time when I took this picture.

Last January or February, I really can't remember, I decided to dye my hair again. I saw this brand Richenna at SM department store and I got the color light blonde. I made a mini haul post of this item, check it here http://iamaphilocalist.blogspot.com/2013_02_01_archive.html



The following pictures will show the product itself, and everything inside this cute box...

The mixing bottle with all the"watchamacolit" chemicals to dye your hair,
plastic cape, gloves and the manual. Clump's mine. =)
...here's the simple process..





 ...the instant result...







...and what it looks like after almost, if not, a month...



I know it's not the "promised" light blonde shown in the box but this is expected since my hair was darker to begin with. I'm just glad the color still manifested. The review for this product was not made simply because I don't think it's worth it so I'm just gonna give you my brief insight of the Richenna Bubble Color

PROS:
Affordable. Around 3-4 hundred pesos. Comparable to Etude House's price.
Effectively dyed my hair. There's also a color guide at the side of the box; a before and after.
Easy to use. Definitely a do-it-yourself kind'a thing.
Locally available.

CONS:
The irritating pungent scent is very noticeable. I have sensitive nose for this, It's almost nauseating. 
There's no staying power. After about 3 months the color is no longer visible, or should I say very much faded.
It dried my hair much more than my hair already was.
Very few color selection,(3-4) at least in our area.

See, it wasn't worth the hype. Since the color did not stay longer than I hoped it would, hence, the decision for a new hair color.

This post is too long now so part 2 is a must....see my orange head next...here's a preview




0 comments:

Post a Comment